Our private carers are there to assist our clients in living independently in their own home. We understand the importance of this job and pay each carer a minimum of £10.25 per hour.
We also pay Double Up and Complex rates of £12 per hour
Would you like to be paid weekly, work locally and carry out one of the most rewarding jobs you could ever do?
Don’t just take our word for it, read on or call us on 0121 308 2906 at your convenience to find out how we can help you
“Working for Nexus has given me the confidence, ability and skills to make a difference in my local community. There is support available 24/7, flexible hours and a team of committed people. I am enjoying my career as a carer and I am so glad I joined them!”
“Since joining Nexus, I have enjoyed every minute! Good friendly staff, easy to contact and communicate with. I have been supported really well since joining them. Thanks Nexus!”
“I can hand on my heart say the carers and management make an exceptional care company and genuinely care about the lives and welfare of the clients”
“I feel very proud to be part of the Nexus family. Right from the start they have made me feel at ease. I know I can call any of the team day or night, for any advice, no matter how trivial. If you need anyone to care for any family member definitely choose the Nexus family, to make your family part of ours. As like family we are on the phone 24/7 even just for a chat.”
Interested? Read on..
We offer flexible work with a variety of runs throughout the day to suit your commitments – Times shown are approximate and we can work around your availability.
Morning work (EG.0700-1400)
Evening work (EG.1600-2200)
Weekend work available (EG.0700-2200)
All contracts come with extremely competitive payrates – Paying a minimum rate of:
£10.25ph for weekdays
£11.60ph for weekend work
£12.00ph when working within a double up or for a complex care client
Benefits of working for Nexus:
- Premium pay rates of £10.25-£24.00ph. Earn up to £500 per week (40 hours weekdays & 8 hours on weekends). £11.60ph for weekend work & £12ph (anytime) for double up calls.
- Weekly pay.
- DOUBLE PAY on all bank holidays.
- Paid travel time/fuel contribution.
- Paid shadowing and training including the recognised ‘Care Certificate’.
- ‘Locked Hours’ guarantee.
- £100 refer a friend scheme.
- Paid Holiday and enrolment to company pension scheme.
- Two free Uniforms on induction.
- 24/7 on-call access for assistance.
- Personal Care Requirements – INC washing (strip wash, shower, or bath), applying of creams, toileting and assistance to dress.
- The preparation of either a hot meal (microwave or freshly prepared), sandwiches or a meal of the client’s choice. Fluids are also prompted, monitored, and encouraged too.
- All aspects of medication management from prompting, assistance, or administration.
- Social engagement with clients including lots of conversation and interaction.
- Household Duties – If extra times on the calls allow, duties include emptying bins and light cleaning
- Complex needs can call for teams of two for the assistance of hoisting and transferring.
What we are looking for:
- Car Drivers with access to their own vehicle.
- Previous experience is ideal but if not, we will teach you all you need to know.
- A real passion for caring for others in such a rewarding industry.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure in challenging situations.
- The drive to learn more. At Nexus there are continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Confidence to work alone and in a team of two.
At Nexus we pride ourselves on not only looking after our clients but our Carers too. With a dedicated management team and 24/7 on-call access you can apply knowing that from interview to working you will be well looked after. With regular check in chats, appraisals, and inductions, you can be assured of support, guidance, and development during your career.
We are looking to recruit full time carers who can work approximately 37+ hours per week. We are looking to recruit carers to work in Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth or Lichfield or all three.
Premium pay rates of £10.25-£24.00ph
We are looking to recruit part time carers who can work approximately 20 – 30 hours per week. We are looking to recruit carers to work in Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth or Lichfield or all three.
Premium pay rates of £10.25-£24.00ph
We are looking to recruit part time carers who can work 16 – 20 hours over a weekend. We are looking to recruit carers to work in Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth or Lichfield or all three.
Premium pay rates of £11.60-£24.00ph
We are looking for experienced carers to help cover working in teams of two in Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth and Lichfield. A mixture of mornings, evenings, and weekend work.
Premium pay rates of £12.00-£24.00ph
Can’t quite find what you are looking for?
We take on new clients all the time so call us, complete the contact form or the application form below and we will be in touch to find out what role, hours and location you are looking for.
Please call the office number on 0121 308 2906 OR email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All job offers are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS and references.